Adapted from Steamy Kitchen's recipe on Yummly.
Green Bean, Shitake Mushroom, and Mustard Greens Stir Fry
- 1/2 lb green beans (trimmed)
- 2 1/2 tsps cooking oil
- 1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 6 ozs shitake mushrooms (sliced) <<< lung food!
- 2 large leaves of mustard greens (stem removed and sliced) <<< lung food!
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced) <<< lung food!
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (finely grated) <<< lung food!
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
In either a saute pan or a wok steam the green beans in about 1 cup of water. Once the green beans are cooked (they're best steamed until they turn a bright green, they'll be crisp and tender) remove them and drain. Wipe the wok clean with a towel and return to the stove (make sure there's no water left before adding the oil, it'll sputter and pop at you!).
Heat the saute pan or wok back up again, swirl in the cooking oil and add in the mushrooms and onions. Stir fry for a couple of minutes. Then add in the garlic, ginger, mustard greens, and green beans.
Last step, add the oyster sauce and water, stir fry until the sauce is begins to bubble.
And serve! Enjoy this lung healthy dish as a side or the main course.
Be well and eat well.
4287 Piedmont Ave, Ste 106C, Oakland, CA 94611 || (510) 384-9226