and transforming the food essences throughout the body to create energy. Below are some guidelines to boost Spleen health:
- Do not consume too much cold or damp forms of food (ie: cold beverage, dairy) as this will weaken the function of the Spleen.
- It is best to eat at the same time every day. The Spleen likes a regular schedule.
- Do not over eat or eat when you are not hungry as this will cause dampness to develop.
- Eat fresh food, not packaged food.
- Best to consume alkaline food (ie. celery, beets, broccoli) as opposed to acidic food (ie. Coffee, peanuts, cheese).
- Barley and mung beans (green beans) are great for reducing dampness.
- Consume easy to digest food when eating late in the evening.
- It is best to be finished with your meal by 7pm.
- Do not eat sweet foods immediately after a meal. Allow food to digest for a couple of hours before eating desserts, fruits or anything that is sweet or sugary.
4287 Piedmont Ave, Ste 106C, Oakland, CA 94611 || (510) 384-9226