This recipe magically appeared with a search of a few ingredients pulled off the heart food chart from our previous blog.
Time: 50 minutes
Introducing... drum roll please... Roasted Mushrooms & Shallots with Fresh Herbs!
- 1 1/4 tbsps sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsps minced ginger
- 3/4 tbsps low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 lbs mushrooms (any kind, or a mix -- white, cremini and shiitake, —large caps quartered)
- 5 small peeled shallots (small, peeled)
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1/2 tbsp roasted black sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil with the garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Spread the mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with the garlic sesame oil mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the mushrooms for about 30 minutes, until tender and glazed.
- Meanwhile, on a second large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the shallots with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil; toss to coat. Season with salt and roast for about 25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and tender.
- Scrape the roasted mushrooms and shallots into a serving bowl. Add the mint, parsley, dill and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Serve hot or warm.
Leave a comment about this recipe, what you added/changed, or how you enjoyed it in the comments below!
4287 Piedmont Ave, Ste 106C, Oakland, CA 94611 || (510) 384-9226